The RPC Group is Europe’s leading manufacturer of rigid plastic packaging. With just under 50 autonomous sites in 12 countries, the company employs in excess of 6,500 people.
RUMM was asked to investigate energy usage at RPC’s Llantrisant plant and provide solutions and suggestions for reducing the annual energy bill.
Following the completion of the aM&T system, where 17 meters were installed across the site, a benchmarking exercise then took place in order to ascertain where energy was being used and equally where it was being used non-efficiently. (energy management UK)
RUMM and RPC then engaged in an energy management partnership to achieve savings. This included regular weekly meetings to discuss options that could save the company money.
Site analysis was carried out based on production output, SEC and this was benchmarked to reduce consumption.
As a result of the measures put in place, energy consumption in the first 5 months dropped from 1354528 kWh to 1131995 kWh, with specific energy consumption reducing by 14%. This equated to a £120k saving in the first year alone.
When looking to buy a marquee as well as looking at the materials used you should also look at the design and functionality of the marquee
Marquees for sale are available in a range of sizes and a range of qualities. The better quality marquees use thicker steel framework (34mm upwards) and PVC covers rather than PE or poly/PVC. The weight of the PVC material used on the marquees (measured in gsm -grams per square metre) is an indication of the thickness but not the quality, the true strength of PVC comes from the inner core material before it is coated.
When looking to buy a marquee as well as looking at the materials used you should also look at the design and functionality of the marquee. With a good design additional bracing can make a marquee stronger eliminating the need for a thicker framework. Having interchangeable side panels can give much greater functionality so a marquee can be tailored for any site on which it is erected.
Throughout the world marquees are referred to as party tents but in the UK the term party tents usually refers to smaller marquees 3m, 4m or 6m wide made from steel tube. Party tent style marquees can usually offer a stronger but more economical alternative to traditional larger marquees – party tents for sale
Marquee accessories like linings, lighting and flooring can transform a marquee from a shelter to an impressive temporary structure suitable for any party or event. It is worth researching the availability of replacement parts to ensure you will not be let down in the future for the want of one damaged component.
Do you need a break from the hustle and bustle of city life; are you tired of fighting with traffic every day? Do you dream of surrounding yourself with calm and tranquillity? We have found the ideal place for people like you who need a break, nestled in the beautiful countryside is bed and breakfast Surrey best kept secret.
Wonderful I can hear you say to yourself we don’t have to travel too far and which means we get to spend more time relaxing.
Relax next to the fire on cold nights sipping a glass of sherry or unwind in the comfort of your spacious bedroom. By day enjoy cycling or exploring the beautiful rolling hills and woody areas. All of this at an affordable rate that you will want to return time and time again.
The food is home cooked and delicious so there is no need to even leave the confines of this beautiful farm for the entire stay. Come visit us at bed and breakfast West Sussex.
Do you suffer from sexual dysfunction which is affecting your life? Speak to Mal Weeraratne a British Pioneer In the Area of Emotional Release through bodywork, Who has studied in various accredited institutes under pioneers & experts earning him the accolade of being the first Certified Tantra Educator in the UK.
Tantric Journey is a an awakening and healing process based on this ancient science to help:
- Life long – the dysfunction has always been present.
- Acquired – at some point the person was able to function without the dysfunction.
- Situational – dysfunction occurs in some situations and not others.
- Generalised – dysfunction occurs regardless of the situation.
Tantra can help anyone who wants to improve the quality and well being of their life, by understanding the needs of their own body, mind and spirit, and being able to communicate effectively to fulfill their needs.
We are all born free and pure, with positivity and love, which is the true essence of our being. Throughout our existence we are subject to adding layer after layer of negative believes, conditioning, emotions, physical and psychological abuse.
According to Wilhelm Reich, the pioneer psychotherapist and sexologist, “Body Armouring” is viewed as a process whereby past traumatic experiences are stored in the body muscle tissue in a cellular level and as a result the body’s tissues harden, creating tension and blocking energy in the area that has been traumatised. Traces of the emotional content of every unsatisfied sexual experience have been recorded in the muscular tissues of your genitals, building up tension in the area so slowly that you did not even suspect that it was happening.
By armouring itself, body’s intention is to reduce it’s vulnerability to pain, discomfort and possible danger. But this process has the parallel effect of reducing our capacity for feeling pleasure.
In fact, because the sexual organs have been subject to vigorous condemnation from childhood onwards, the pelvic basin has become a major storehouse of negative imprints, greatly reducing our capacity for sexual pleasure and preventing full enjoyment of orgasmic release.
RUMM are a leading energy management UK based in Wales. We provide energy management solutions to our customers via our own technologies (Pulse & IBASS) and Energy Management Services (EMS). We have saved our customers over £30m in Energy Savings to date. Thank you to all our customers and partners for helping us achieve this together.
RUMM engages with ISO50001
RUMM customers will be in an advanced position to secure this recognition should they wish. Business has felt the benefit of the family of Quality, Environment Management, as well as Health and Safety standards. The systemised approach to energy saving methods and energy saving technology is something that RUMM has developed to achieve significant savings in partnership with its customers.
The ISO50001 approach will, if adopted correctly, save energy and carbon for companies across many sectors but particularly in the manufacturing sector which is where primarily operates.
RUMM energy management Wales gave a joint presentation at the Wales Quality Centre on the ISO 50001 standard, particularly on the energy savings that could be realised in the manufacturing sector through energy saving technologies and the significance of Low Carbon Behaviour in terms of the energy savings that companies could secure.
A copy of the RUMM Energy management manufacturing PowerPoint presentation on 50,001, energy saving technology and methodology, and low Carbon Behaviour savings is attached.
Do you need to hire industrial blower equipment and not sure which company to use? Do your research and you will soon discover that IBS are leaders in Robuschi vacuum pumps.
Look no further than a company who continually expands and grows in products, service and employees, including opening offices in the USA. Industrial Blowers USA has started to get an excellent name in bare shaft blowers and industrial services.
IBS is a company that put their staff and clients first maintaining high service delivery; with a strong emphasis on customer service.
Aerzen Positive Displacement Blowers for oil-free conveying of air and gases Aerzen Positive Displacement Blowers (of the “Roots” type design) have been manufactured since 1868 and today are highly developed standard production machines designed and adapted to find use in a wide variety of applications.
IBS supply; new Aerzen blowers, reconditioned and service exchange Aerzen blowers and provide a full service and maintenance service for Aerzen blowers . Bare shaft machines and blower sets are also available.
Unlike most manufacturers who specify an 8 to 16 week lead time for new blowers, IBS hold the largest range of new, reconditioned and service exchange Aerzen blowers USA in stock ready for immediate dispatch
With an experienced team of professionals we are confident of providing the most cost-efficient solution to blower problems and requirements.
Our flexibility allows us to supply and install any make and model of blower (including new innovations) for any form of contract including Framework Agreements, for example Atlas Copco ZB Centrifugal Blowers and ZS Rotary Screw Blowers
Movies, dinner, sport or a dinner date give Dukes of Daisy a chance to introduce you to a large range of male escort. You will never have to go to movies alone again. Choose from friendly Companion Escorts to quiet reserved.
Have a look at some of Dukes of Daisy large selection:
I am chatty, fun, confident without being outspoken. I make a good dinner date escort, I am good company, I know how to dress appropriately and what to say in most given social situations. I’m good at making a man feel like he is in charge without being too submissive.
I am polite, well mannered, and confident rent a friend, have good conversation, and am well spoken, I enjoy good food and wine I love travelling and meeting new people.
I have a wicked sense of humour and always fun to be with!
Hello there I’m Arturo normal easy going person with many passions such as Opera, Classical music, musicals. I’m full of optimism and good sense of humour.
Do you need more space in your home? You may wonder just how a builder can convert a bit of unused loft space into a delightful extra bedroom or office.
The ability to build new housing in a city like London is becoming more and more limited. House prices, convenience of travel to work and schools may have to be balanced against the needs of a growing family and so the decision to stay where you are and have a loft conversion to give you that extra space may be the most logical and financially prudent alternative to moving house.
For some projects that are multi- trade, South London Refurbishments can offer a fully project managed service.
District Manager Bill Wilde covers quite a few miles at this time of year playing Santa when not looking after clients. Gifts on behalf of the Directors and staff at lodgebros.co.uk are delivered out to nursing and residential homes for staff and residents to enjoy.
Bill said, “The planning starts as early as September which is when I start getting the presents ready and distributed out to each of the branches in my District. As soon as December arrives, every opportunity I get, I am out on the road delivering until the task is complete. Covering a large area, which includes Esher, Addlestone, Weybridge, Walton and Windsor, needs some planning.
But it is worth it especially when I see the enjoyment it brings. My job looking after families is very important, but this is something that I really enjoy at this time of year”.
Lodge Brothers understand how difficult decisions can be especially when its children, they have a large selection of Childrens Memorials and will help you make the right choice.
Winter is a time to let your hair down and have a party. Don’t let the cold winter weather put a dampener on an occasion you want to celebrate be it a wedding or special birthday party Marquee Hire Bagshot and marquee hire Ashtead have a large range of fabulous marquees you can hire with under floor heating, waterproof so there won’t be an excuse not to celebrate. In fact it the most wonderful time of the year to have a party as it gets dark earlier so you can choose some fabulous lights to decorate your marquee. How about having a winter wonderland theme?
December; English Heritage, large marquee for 200 guests in London
“I just wanted to drop you a note to say a massive thank you for helping make English Heritage’s Kenwood Dinner such a success. Please do pass on my thanks to all those involved”
Small Drinks Party, London
“I must say all your contractors who put up the marquee and fitted out the heating and electrics were first class”.
Evening Soiree, London
“We were so delighted with the little marquee and all that Stephen and James and your great did for us in November”
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 red pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder (or 1 level tbsp if you only have mild)
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 beef stock cube
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp dried marjoram
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 410g can red kidney beans
- plain boiled long grain rice, to serve
- soured cream, to serve
- Prepare your vegetables. Chop 1 large onion into small dice, about 5mm square. The easiest way to do this is to cut the onion in half from root to tip, peel it and slice each half into thick matchsticks lengthways, not quite cutting all the way to the root end so they are still held together. Slice across the matchsticks into neat dice. Cut 1 red pepper in half lengthways, remove stalk and wash the seeds away, then chop. Peel and finely chop 2 garlic cloves.
- Start cooking. Put your pan on the hob over a medium heat. Add the oil and leave it for 1-2 minutes until hot (a little longer for an electric hob). Add the onions and cook, stirring fairly frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft, squidgy and slightly translucent. Tip in the garlic, red pepper, 1 heaped tsp hot chilli powder or 1 level tbsp mild chilli powder, 1 tsp paprika and 1 tsp ground cumin. Give it a good stir, then leave it to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Brown the 500g lean minced beef. Turn the heat up a bit, add the meat to the pan and break it up with your spoon or spatula. The mix should sizzle a bit when you add the mince. Keep stirring and prodding for at least 5 minutes, until all the mince is in uniform, mince-sized lumps and there are no more pink bits. Make sure you keep the heat hot enough for the meat to fry and become brown, rather than just stew.
- Making the sauce. Crumble 1 beef stock cube into 300ml hot water. Pour this into the pan with the mince mixture. Open 1 can of chopped tomatoes (400g can) and add these as well. Tip in ½ tsp dried marjoram and 1 tsp sugar, if using (see tip at the bottom), and add a good shake of salt and pepper. Squirt in about 2 tbsp tomato purée and stir the sauce well.
- Simmer it gently. Bring the whole thing to the boil, give it a good stir and put a lid on the pan. Turn down the heat until it is gently bubbling and leave it for 20 minutes. You should check on the pan occasionally to stir it and make sure the sauce doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan or isn’t drying out. If it is, add a couple of tablespoons of water and make sure that the heat really is low enough. After simmering gently, the saucy mince mixture should look thick, moist and juicy.
- Bring on the beans. Drain and rinse 1 can of red kidney beans (410g can) in a sieve and stir them into the chilli pot. Bring to the boil again, and gently bubble without the lid for another 10 minutes, adding a little more water if it looks too dry. Taste a bit of the chilli and season. It will probably take a lot more seasoning than you think. Now replace the lid, turn off the heat and leave your chilli to stand for 10 minutes before serving, and relax. Leaving your chilli to stand is really important as it allows the flavours to mingle and the meat.
- Serve with soured cream and plain boiled long grain rice.
Are you looking to reduce costs in your business and not sure where to start? Do you want to increase productivity in your organisation? READ A CASE STUDY WE FOUND ABOUT LEADING IT COMPANY CALLED KNOWALL IT AND DECIDE FOR YOU.
Chartered institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) uses Swyx to reduce costs & support members globally
The Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) is the largest and most widely respected professional body for those who work in the securities and investment industry in the UK and in a growing number of major financial centres round the world including Dubai, Singapore, Mumbai & Sri Lanka.
Evolved from the London Stock Exchange in 1992, CISI now has more than 40,000 members in 89 countries. In the past year, it set almost 40,000 examinations in over 70 countries, covering a range of vocational qualifications.
Headquartered in the City, CISI decided to move away from its traditional Meridien telephone system when it moved offices. According to Tim Crannigan, Head of Systems at CISI, “At the time, the company realised that it was an ideal opportunity to take advantage of the additional benefits that VoIP and unified communications could offer such as reduced costs for international calls, lower maintenance and built-in functionality such as conferencing and presence.”
Solution – A software-based IT Support Holborn unified communications solution means calls are never missed
“We now have all our 130 staff across the world using the SwyxWare unified communications solution. Around 70% of users take advantage of the Swyx-IT! softphone interface, enabling them to see who is calling, as well as see on-screen who is available across the organisation, whether it’s in the UK or abroad.”
“All incoming calls come into the London site and we can distribute them to appropriate departments and locations via VPN, dependent on the time or nature of the enquiry. This means we are effectively open for longer so we can answer calls from 3am to 5.30pm, so India can be available more than 5 hours before our teams in the UK.”
CISI relies on Swyx accredited partner, Knowall IT IT Support Kensington and IT Support Knightsbridge for high quality 24/7 support with rapid response times for their Swyx based telephony. Tim Crannigan says, “We’ve been very happy with Knowall IT’s IT Support Liverpool Street response times to any issues we may have had.”
Knowall assisted CISI in rolling out their global call centre so it could provide comprehensive telephone support for its members across multiple countries and time-zones ensuring that calls are never missed.
The globalised call centre comprising London, Singapore, Mumbai and Sri Lanka is all joined by a wide area network so all 3 call centres can work together as if they were in one building.
Extended call routing allows distribution of enquiries across the globe
With Swyx’s Extended Call Routing, calls that come through to the UK out of hours are quickly pushed through to sister call centres in other regions depending on the time, and vice versa. The system will also route calls according to the nature of the enquiry, so for instance if the call is regarding ‘membership’ it will be put through to membership services or if it is an enquiry about an exam, then the call is put through to the client services team.
Features and Benefits:
Key benefits so far have included:
- Almost 24/7 service for members IT Support Hounslow
- Free telephone calls between sites
- Automatic re-routing of calls dependent on time of call
- Calls are never missed as they are re-routed to an available resource, regardless of location
- Support for remote working – senior managers have SwyxMobile, so they have complete office-based telephony features such as ‘presence’ on their mobile phones
- Built-in audio conferencing for meetings between colleagues and business partners
- Reduced maintenance – Moves & Changes such as adding new users can be done internally by the IT team, not need for expensive third party support contracts
- Rationalisation of phone lines – Less phone lines required leading to cost-savings in line rental
- Secure Instant Messaging for internal office use
- Future – More integration and support for Androids/iPhones
Tim Crannigan comments, “In the future we may consider integrating Swyx with our internal CRM system, so the membership details will automatically pop up on screen. We will also be exploring how our mobile users can upgrade to take advantage of the new Swyx apps for Android and iPhone smartphones”